Jenney Pond Park is located at site of the Plimoth Grist Mill, across from the John Carver Inn at 25 Summer Street. This park continues westerly from Brewster Gardens following Town Brook and features a replica of the original John Jenney Grist Mill (c. 1636). The large waterwheel still turns the grinding stone that produces flour at the mill. The earliest grinding mill on this site was the Stephen Dean Mill in 1632.
The adjacent park that includes Jenney Pond (Alms House Pond) was the site of Plymouth’s “poor house”. There are benches, picnic tables and a wooden bridge from which to enjoy the park. In the spring, herring can be seen going up the fish ladder by the Grist Mill on their way to Billington Sea to spawn.
For more information email the Plymouth Recreation Department at or call 508-747-1620 x10137.
17 Spring Lane
Plymouth, MA 02360