This is Plymouth’s largest park area encompassing approximately 200 acres of forest and shoreline on Little Pond (43 acres) and Billington Sea (269 acres). The park was created in 1889 through the generosity of several landowners including Dr. LeBaron Russell and the donations of Plymouth citizens. At that time, the idea of preserving land for a public park was most unusual. This effort was led by the foresight and dedication of Nathaniel Morton, who is considered the father of Plymouth’s park system.
Within Morton Park one will find swimming beaches, picnic areas, seasonal restroom and food concession facilities, approximately two and one-half miles of footpaths, and four miles of gravel roads to enjoy. The Main entrance is at approximately 248 Summer Street.
236 Summer Street, Plymouth, MA, USA