The Jacobs Farmhouse is considered Society Headquarters and is located at 4 Jacobs Lane in Norwell. The house was originally built in 1726. Members of the Jacobs family lived in the house continuously until 1939 when it was given to the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities (today called Historic New England).
From tours of the Jacobs Farmhouse, to gatherings that bring together neighbors to learn about their local history, to historic talks and presentations for all ages--this is how we celebrate the history of our town, one historic event at a time.
The Norwell Historical Society is the keeper of our town's treasures--from old postcard collections, to family bibles, to Lucy Damon Waugh's 1888 wedding dress--we protect and preserve the items that tell our town's story, while we publish and write about the continued tale.
The Norwell Historical Society oversees the museum on the right side of the Farmhouse. The museum is open for tours at our events and by appointment.