LAST UPDATED July 2020
Information We Collect
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
How We May Use or Disclose Other Information We Collect
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Social Networking and Third Party Sites
California Users’ Privacy Rights
Children’s Online Privacy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Whether you access our Online Services from your computer, smart phone, tablet or other mobile device, See Plymouth and its agents may collect some information that identifies you or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, user name and password (for account administration), device ID, including IP address, geolocation (if using a mobile application and you consent to providing it), and additional personal information necessary for the administration of certain promotional events.
- to process and manage your requests for products and services, including newsletters, guidebooks, and other items
- respond to and/or fulfill your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments, ratings or statements on message boards or in our online discussion areas or forums
- create and deliver personalized promotions, including by combining your Personal Information with Other Information, such as the amounts and types of bookings or itineraries you make and discounts or benefits you use
- communicate with you by mail, telephone, facsimile, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging about the town or county of Plymouth or our affiliates, including communications about your itineraries or purchases, your services, accounts, sweepstakes or contests you enter, your requests for information or other items, and to update you about changes to our Online Services
- communicate with you, including by mail, telephone, facsimile, e-mail, mobile alerts and SMS text messaging, in connection with our marketing efforts, including sending you offers and promotions that you can take advantage of through our Online Services or at relevant physical venues around or near the town or county of Plymouth and offer personalized collection, filtering, and delivery of information, including serving advertisements while you are visiting the town or county of Plymouth.
- allow you to send communications or gifts (including through our mobile application) to friends or family through our Online Services (conditioned on your representation to us that you are permitted to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and e-mail address;
- further our business or operational purposes, for example, data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention; and
- enhance, improve or modify our Online Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertisements and to operate and expand our business activities.
SeePlymouth.com may send you “transactional or relationship” communications using various electronic communication, including email and mobile communications. “Transactional or relationship” communications may include, for example, notices to facilitate a recent transaction you have conducted or messages with information about your existing account. If, at any time, you decide you would rather not receive these types of communications from SeePlymouth.com, you can opt out by following the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” or “STOP” instructions in the relevant communication.
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of SeePlymouth.com, except in the following circumstances:
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To Perform Services That You Request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request, such as fulfillment of newsletter or guidebook requests, or functions you initiate, such as when you post information and materials on message boards and social media forums, including via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Please note that when you post information in a public forum, it becomes public information.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information in order to identify you to anyone to whom you send communications or gifts through our Online Services.
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes;
- to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates;
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of SeePlymouth.com, you and others; and
Similarly, we generally use Other Information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Other Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. Other Information that we collect generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
To manage and correct any factual inaccuracies in the information we have on file about you, please follow the directions in the e-mail or other relevant electronic communication you receive from us.
SeePlymouth.com has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our Online Services.
Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software. If you believe that your SeePlymouth.com account or any information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the Contact Us information provided below.
“Cookies” are small text files containing pieces of data that are placed in your computer’s Web browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your interaction with our Online Services. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (Internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (its expiration period), and a value (such as a randomly generated unique number).
Your Options for Cookies
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies. Please consult your particular Web browser’s settings. You can learn more about Cookies, see what Cookies have been set on your computing device and learn how to manage and delete them at allaboutcookies.org.
SeePlymouth.com and our advertising management partners also may use these technologies to track the actions of users of our Online Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on our Online Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and to otherwise improve the experience of consumers using our Online Services.
When you link to our Online Services through any social networking or third party websites, applications or services (“Third Party Services”), please remember that you are also bound by the privacy policies of such Third Party Services, and SeePlymouth.com does not control and therefore is not responsible for the privacy practices of such Third Party Services. You should consult the privacy policies of such Third-Party Services to understand their information practices.
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year. To exercise your rights, you can contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please be sure to mention when you contact us that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
SeePlymouth.com does not target children and does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of fifteen (15). When a user discloses personal information on our Online Services, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least fifteen (15) years of age.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of fifteen (15), who you believe has provided SeePlymouth.com with personally identifiable information through our Online Services, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can delete the child’s information from our records.
If you have any questions regarding our SeePlymouth.com privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
U.S. Mail: 134 Court Street – Plymouth, MA – 02360