Originally the western precinct of Plymouth, Plympton was incorporated as the seventh town in Plymouth County in 1707. Plympton is a small town of 15.14 square miles. According to many reports, storekeepers within the community know most of their customers by name. Generations of the same families live in the town, and the peaceful rural flavor and colonial charm of the area remain untouched by the more harried pace of modern times. Located between Boston and Cape Cod, Plympton offers access to the highway and the classic charms of small-town living.